The Vast Financing Opportunities in Securing Climate-Compatibility
There is clear evidence of the urgent need to accelerate the transition towards a resource-efficient, low-carbon and inclusive economy. Sustainable development can only be achieved with the active involvement of investment institutions that consider the key environmental and social challenges our planet is facing.
EcologyFunds.com gathers information on leading institutional investors and asset managers committed to considering environmental, ecological, renewable energy and clean water issues as part of their business principles, strategies and operations. With the historic adoption of the Paris Agreement and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), EcologyFunds.com investment members are committed to help finance and achieve a sustainable and green economy and society.
Climate change is referred to by leading economists as the greatest market failure in human history, with potentially disruptive implications on the social well-being, economic development, and financial stability of current and future generations. Conservative estimates see unabated climate change leading to global costs equivalent to losing between 5% and 20% of global gross domestic product (GDP) each year, now and forever. As a result, public and private decision-makers around the world are faced with the dual imperative of:
Significantly and rapidly reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions worldwide by decarbonizing the global economy. This is required to prevent the mean global temperature from reaching dangerous levels.
Adapting global consumption and production patterns, lifestyles and supply-chains to the physical, meteorological and hydrological impacts of climate change that are now unavoidable.
At the interface between Financial Institutions and World Climate Change lie the unique and vast opportunities, as well as the clear and present dangers and the inescapable obligations, of our time. Join Us!
The Green Crusader Revolution!
- Sustainable, enjoyable architecture and design October 17, 2019
- Copenhagen: committed to “hedonistic sustainability” October 17, 2019
- Climate Change Activists Target BlackRock Headquarters In London As Hundreds Occupy Financial District October 15, 2019
- Behavioral economics at work. Tell it like it is! October 9, 2019
- Talk to your children about climate change October 9, 2019
- Bill Gates. Putting his money where his mouth is, eco-innovation. October 9, 2019
- Maximize our appreciation for the natural and built world we live in October 4, 2019
- Unique strengths, fighting against our extinction October 3, 2019
- Another eco-invention, innovation to complement conservation October 1, 2019
- Celebrating Greta Thunberg September 30, 2019