The Vast Financing Opportunities in Securing Climate-Compatibility
There is clear evidence of the urgent need to accelerate the transition towards a resource-efficient, low-carbon and inclusive economy. Sustainable development can only be achieved with the active involvement of investment institutions that consider the key environmental and social challenges our planet is facing.
EcologyFunds.com gathers information on leading institutional investors and asset managers committed to considering environmental, ecological, renewable energy and clean water issues as part of their business principles, strategies and operations. With the historic adoption of the Paris Agreement and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), EcologyFunds.com investment members are committed to help finance and achieve a sustainable and green economy and society.
Climate change is referred to by leading economists as the greatest market failure in human history, with potentially disruptive implications on the social well-being, economic development, and financial stability of current and future generations. Conservative estimates see unabated climate change leading to global costs equivalent to losing between 5% and 20% of global gross domestic product (GDP) each year, now and forever. As a result, public and private decision-makers around the world are faced with the dual imperative of:
Significantly and rapidly reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions worldwide by decarbonizing the global economy. This is required to prevent the mean global temperature from reaching dangerous levels.
Adapting global consumption and production patterns, lifestyles and supply-chains to the physical, meteorological and hydrological impacts of climate change that are now unavoidable.
At the interface between Financial Institutions and World Climate Change lie the unique and vast opportunities, as well as the clear and present dangers and the inescapable obligations, of our time.
The Green Crusader Revolution!
- The World’s Only $100 Billion Utility Owes Its Rise To Wind Power November 15, 2019
- EU Bank Takes ‘Quantum Leap’ to End Fossil-Fuel Financing November 15, 2019
- Yes, let’s point capitalism’s power to “ROI and recovery” November 14, 2019
- Sweden’s Central Bank Ditches Bonds Issued by Major Polluters November 14, 2019
- Morgan Stanley: “Climate Will Be A Key Driver Of Asset Prices In The Months And Years Ahead” November 11, 2019
- Kindergarten Primer for Trump / The Paris Accord November 8, 2019
- Apple Sells Jumbo 2 Billion-Euro Green Bond in Europe Debut November 8, 2019
- Climate risks, opportunities, to be major markets factor in 2020 November 7, 2019